Friday, March 27, 2009

CNN Revealed: Carine Roitfeld

Last night I watched the three part CNN Revealed documentary on Carine Roitfeld, Editor-in-Chief of Paris Vogue. The documentary follows Roitfeld through a typical day at Paris Vogue during Fashion Week.







I think we can all agree that American Vogue has lost its appeal over the past couple years. The spreads have become repetitive, the magazine lacks vision and if I may say, the covers are absolute crap. It has long been speculated that Roitfeld is poised to replace Anna Wintour as Editor-In-Chief of American Vogue, but would she fit the part? Roitfeld admits in the documentary that she is more than happy at Paris Vogue, but is it just me or does it not seem that CNN is using this documentary to gently introduce her to mainstream America? My smutty sense is tingling...

Watch the series at CNN and Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment