Monday, February 23, 2009

Fascinating - Following the Fascinator Trend

I swoon for all things vintage or vintage-inspired. When I was just a little girl my parents bought me a vintage black feather fascinator. At the time I had no idea what to do with it and used it for dressing up my dolls. I recently dug it out from the storage box and while it's missing a few feathers, I can't wait to wear it.

Fast forward to 2008 - Last fall I purchased a designer clip feather fascinator and two feather band-style fascinators - one came complete with tulle! Sadly, I never had the guts to wear them outside the house but I quickly realized that I prefer the band version to the clip version. The band is easy and allows for adjustments. Enough said.

I'm loving the modern approach and materials incorporated into the Rosette Fascinator Headband over at giantdwarf's Etsy shop. It's big and bright and comes in yellow... What more could a girl ask for?



If you're looking for a more delicate version, look no farther than the feather fascinator. Personally, I would wear this version the most. Feathers help to soften severe updos - such as the french twist I am notorious for wearing. I'm loving the bright blues and turquoise in this version from violetdelight's Etsy shop



Finally, there is the birdcage veil fascinator. While this version may be the dressiest of them all, I would argue that a little tulle never hurt anyone! I particularly like this version - complete with hat, from satanica's Etsy shop.



Images courtesy of Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment