Wednesday, June 3, 2009

If you are reading this, I want my stuff back!

I’d like to start this by apologizing to everyone who reads here on a regular basis. I know that the posts have been thin recently, and I’m sad to report they will probably continue to be thin for the next little while. My desire to look at pretty things has up and left since someone broke into our house earlier this week.

We have a lot to be thankful for; the dog was fine, there was no visible vandalism, most of our most personal effects stayed put, but at some point in time I lost my joie du vivre. I try so hard to always remember that there is good in everyone, but after being robbed, I’m finding it hard to smile, to be polite and not to suspect everyone I see on the street of stealing my security.

On top of it all, the thief (thieves?) stole my computer, and with it, all of my pictures and all of my favourite things. The police are doing their best and we’re happy with the measures and steps that have been taken so far, but I can’t help but to feel a little sorry for myself and wonder, why us? Of all the 20 houses on the street, why ours? The Dr. tells me everything happens for a reason and something good will come of this, but I’m having trouble believing this was in our plan.

Tonite I am planning to throw myself a small pity party and then start to pick up the pieces.

1 comment:

  1. This is terrible news! However, I have no doubt that you will find many many new favorite things! And, just think--maybe you can buy some fun new clothes with the insurance money!

    ReplyDelete