Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sewing Station


Since signing up for sewing lessons, I've been thinking about creating an appropriate space for my new craft. I need a small station that I can incorporate into my second bedroom and I want something beautiful that transitions easily when company arrives. When I found this picture I had one of those "aha" moments. This idea is brilliant for my small space; the work surfaces tuck away like a nice set of nesting tables making them functional and classic at the same time. Ideally I would like a chair but in this case the ottoman fits the feel of the station better and I am imagining it opens up to reveal storage for materials and notions. My patterns could hang on the wall along with photos for inspiration and serve as a rotating display for guests. How do you indulge your hobbies without letting them take over your entire home?
{via}

No comments:

Post a Comment